Westmont High School (California)
|Westmont High School|
4805 Westmont Avenue
|School type||Public High School|
|Motto||It's a Great day to be a Warrior!|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Hours in school day||7-8 hours|
|Color(s)||Scarlet (Red), White and Black|
|Rival||Prospect High School|
Westmont High School is located in Campbell, California, United States and is part of the Campbell Union High School District. First opened in the fall of 1964, Westmont drew students initially from both Blackford and Campbell High Schools. The school retains many academic achievements including the 1996 California Distinguished School and 1997 National Blue Ribbon School.
The school is also home to the Campbell FFA Future Farmers of America
The school sits at the Northwest corner of the 1839 Alta California land grant, Rancho Rinconada de Los Gatos. San Tomas Aquino Creek wraps around the northern edge of the school and formed the land grant's boundary.
Notable alumni at Westmont High School includes:
- Adam Antolin, class of 2000, Professional MMA fighter. The ultimate fighter season 24 competitorTUF 24
- Douglas Edmund Capilla, a Major League Baseball player
- Steve Cisowski, Class of 1981, NFL Dallas Cowboys
- Brett Dalton, plays Grant Ward in ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- Andy Dinh, Class of 2010 (dropped out), Professional gamer known as Reginald, currently owner of Team SoloMid and Forbes 30 under 30 2017 :Games .
- Martin Ferrero, class of 66, actor. He played the ill-fated lawyer in Jurassic Park also had recurring role on Miami Vice.
- Lars Frederiksen, guitarist/vocalist for the Punk bands Rancid and Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards (dropped out). This fact made it into his recorded version of the song "To Have and Have Not", which was originally written by guitarist Billy Bragg. His version includes the lyric "Dropped out of high school in Campbell, California/Got a guitar and I never looked back."
- Dan Gagliasso, class of 1970, An award-winning documentary film maker and screenwriter with credits as a director, producer or writer on numerous History Channel and Discovery Channel shows such as Law Enforcement Snipers, The Black Sheep Squadron, Comanche Warriors, The Battle of New Orleans, The O.K. Corral Gunfight, and The Donner Party. A member of the Director’s Guild of America since 2002
- Dan Gladden, Signed by the Giants, traded to Minnesota Twins.(Two World Series Championships) Class of 1974
- The Shield: the school newspaper.
- Yearbook: Published yearly. Was originally called "The Poniard," a reference to the sword carried by the Warrior school mascot.
- "Westmont High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- History of Campbell High Schools
- World of Pageantry - Fall 2004 Scores for Field Show Competitions
- World of Pageantry - Fall 2003 Scores for Field Show Competitions
- Westmont Website
- Westmont Music Department
- Westmont Speech and Debate
- Westmont English dept
- Westmont Science dept
- Westmont Drama dept
- Westmont CSF/Honor Roll
- Westmont Athletics
- Westmont stats on greatschools
- World of Pageantry - Scores for Field Show Competitions
- Westmont Class of 1968 40-year Reunion, August 19, 2008