St Mary's Church, Weston
|OS grid reference|
|• London||90 mi (140 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Weston is a village and civil parish in the South Holland district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles (3 km) north-east from the town of Spalding. The Civil Parish also includes Weston Hills. The population of the civil parish including Austendike was at the 2011 census 2,054.
The deserted medieval village of Wykeham was once the site of Wykeham Hall, the country residence of the prior of Spalding. All that is left today are earthworks and the ruined chapel of Saint Nicholas.
The ecclesiastical parish is Weston St Mary It is one of the three parishes in the relatively small Cowbit group of the Deanery of West Elloe, in the Diocese of Lincoln. The parish is called Weston St Mary to differentiate it from the adjacent Weston Hills, also in the Cowbit group. The third parish is Cowbit itself.
The limestone parish church is a Grade I listed building dedicated to Saint Mary and dates from 1170. It was restored by George Gilbert Scott between 1858 and 1867, and by J. L. Pearson 1885-56. It has a 15th-century west tower, and the font dates from 1200. The lychgate is a Grade II listed war memorial erected in 1918 of red brick and wood. The churchyard cross is also Grade II listed and a scheduled monument, being medieval in origin with modern additions.
- "Parish details". South Holland district council. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Historic England. "Romano-British settlement (352152)". PastScape. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- A. D. Mills (30 November 1991). A Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0198691563.
- Historic England. "Weston railway station (507105)". PastScape. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Wykeham chapel of St Nicholas and Wykeham Hall (352309)". PastScape. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Ecclesiastical parish map". www.achurchnearyou.com, Church of England. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Ecclesiastical parish details". Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Historic England. "Church of St Mary, Weston (1064475)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Lychgate at St Marys (1147551)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Churchyard cross, St Marys (1013529)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 August 2011.