Weston Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Weston Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Fields on Van Tassel Road north of Weston
Location of Weston Township in Wood County
|• Total||14.4 sq mi (37.3 km2)|
|• Land||14.4 sq mi (37.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||160/sq mi (63/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087201|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township - north
- Plain Township - east
- Liberty Township - southeastern corner
- Milton Township - south
- Richfield Township, Henry County - southwestern corner
- Damascus Township, Henry County - west
- Grand Rapids Township - northwest
Part of the village of Weston is located in southeastern Weston Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Weston Township Hall is located at the intersection of Euler and Van Tassel roads, just north of Weston.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Weston township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-15.
- "Wood County Townships - Weston". Wood County Township Association. Retrieved 2009-08-14.