|Elevation||466 ft (142 m)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||445855|
Westphalia was laid out in 1881, and it was originally built up chiefly by Germans. It was named after the region of Westphalia, in Germany. The Westphalia post office was established in 1881. Many businesses have closed throughout the history of Westphalia including a variety store, antique store, hotel, blacksmith, elevator, photo studio, mine supply and the Westphalia elementary school.
Westphalia is located at.
Places of Interest
Westphalia has a locally own restaurant, Country Charms Café, a playground, a church, Salem United Church of Christ, low income senior apartments and a United States Post Office. Westphalia is a rural community.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- History of Knox and Daviess County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Goodspeed. 1886. p. 272.
- Dept. of English and Journalism (1970–72). Indiana names, v.1-3. Indiana State University. p. 15.
- "Knox County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
|This Knox County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|