|Management||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|Owner||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|No. of stores and services||122|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,045,782 sq ft (97,156.3 m2)|
|No. of floors||3 of retail|
Designed by real estate developer John Wiebe, Westroads Mall opened n 1967.
Prudential Financial purchased the mall from Wiebe for $45 million in 1977. In 1997, General Growth Properties acquired the mall from Prudential. The mall was owned by both General Growth (51% share) and Canadian property development company Ivanhoe Cambridge (49% share); it was managed by General Growth Properties on behalf of the venture. General Growth Properties acquired the 49% that it didn't previously own on April 5, 2012.
The first theater in the mall, the Fox Westroads, opened in November 1967. Originally a single screen theater, it was converted to the dual screen Fox Twin in 1976. It is now closed.
Mass shooting on December 5, 2007
On December 5, 2007, a 19-year old man later identified as Robert A. Hawkins entered the Von Maur anchor store with a rifle and opened fire. One report indicated that at least 25 rounds had been fired. Nine people were killed, including the gunman, and four others were injured, all within Von Maur. Westroads security responded quickly and safely. The mall reopened on December 8, 2007 with increased security, while anchor store Von Maur reopened December 20, 2007.
- "Westroads Mall Omaha". Brookfield Properties Retail Group.
- Mattson-Teig, Beth (October 15, 2000). "Omaha steps into the spotlight". National Real Estate Investor.
- "INVENTED HERE". Omaha World-Herald. January 1, 2017.
- Yowell, Paige (September 9, 2015). "New Westroads Mall food court set for November opening". Omaha World-Herald.
- Soderlin, Barbara (September 27, 2014). "Westroads Mall showing off its latest face-lift". Omaha World-Herald.
- Maddox, Malorie (December 6, 2012). "Forever 21 Opens New Store At Westroads". WOWT.
- Yowell, Paige (December 11, 2015). "Westroads Mall food hall Flagship Commons plans to open by Dec. 21". Omaha World-Herald.
- Yowell, Paige (October 21, 2016). "Container Store ready for its grand opening at Westroads Mall". Omaha World-Herald.
- Yowell, Paige (February 3, 2018). "Abercrombie & Fitch closes at Westroads; Dry Goods boutique to take part of its space". Omaha World-Herald.
- O’Connor, Michael (August 31, 2018). "Omaha's Younkers stores have closed for good at Westroads, Oak View". Omaha World-Herald.
- "Fox Westroads in Omaha, NE - Cinema Treasures". cinematreasures.org.
- Soderlin, Barbara (February 20, 2013). "AMC to take over Westroads movie theater". Omaha World-Herald.
- "Police: Nine killed in shooting at Omaha mall, including gunman". CNN. December 6, 2007.
- GARCIA, OSKAR (December 6, 2007). "Man Opens Fire at Omaha Mall, Killing 8". The Washington Post. Associated Press.
- "Omaha mall reopens with increased security". NBC News. Associated Press. December 8, 2007.