Westview High School (Beaverton, Oregon)
|Westview High School|
|4200 Northwest 185th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97229
|School district||Beaverton School District|
|Teaching staff||99.66 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||21.55|
|Color(s)||Navy blue, red, and silver
|Athletics conference||OSAA Metro League 6A-2|
Westview High School is a public high school in Portland, Oregon, United States, in the Beaverton School District. It opened in 1994 and its first graduating class was in June 1996. As of 2015-16, Westview enrolls 2,651 students.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,470 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male - 51.8%
- Female - 48.2%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.6%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 24.0%
- Black - 4.0%
- Hispanic - 17.0%
- White - 47.9%
- Other/multiracial - 6.5%
27.6% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
In 2014, the average SAT score among Westview students was 1708, compared to the Oregon state average of 1544.
Also in 2014, the average ACT score among 552 students at Westview was 22.4, compared to the 21.4 state average.
Of the Class of 2014, which consisted of 571 students, 65% attended a two-year college, while 15% attended a two-year college.
Speech and debate (forensics)
Westview has one of the largest speech and debate programs in the state, with over one hundred students participating in the 2015 school year. Westview is ranked the highest in the state, with over 300 National Forensics League points, which is among the top one percent in the nation.
Westview has been awarded three state championships in the 6A classification (for schools larger than 1,521 students). The school earned successive state championships in 2006 and 2007, and most recently earned the 2012 Oregon School Activities Association state championship. Among Metro League conference schools, Westview is the only one to have earned a state championship in Speech & Debate.
- Symphonic Band: State Champions 2000, 2001, 2002
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Kara Braxton – WNBA basketball player
- Trevor Crowe – former MLB baseball player
- Erik Hurtado – MLS soccer player 
- Garrett Jackson – professional basketball player
- Carson Kelly – MLB baseball player
- Westview High School. Beaverton.k12.or.us. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.
- Member School A-Z Listing (293 Total Schools). Osaa.org. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Westview High School". ed.gov. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
-  Retrieved on April 21, 2016.
- "Westview High School Profile" (PDF). Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Sign in to OregonLive.com". The Oregonian.
- "OSAA Speech Championships" (PDF).
- "2015 OSAA Speech State Championships" (PDF).
- Daschel, Nick (November 19, 2011) Westview 1, Grant 0: Velasco's late goal, defense lead Wildcats to their first 6A title – OregonLive.com. The Oregonian. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.
- OSAA state cheerleading championship: photos - OregonLive.com. Retrieved on March 20, 2017.
- Trevor Crowe Statistics and History. Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.
- Erik Hurtado Player Profile – ESPN FC. Espnfc.us. Retrieved on October 11, 2015.
- Carson Kelly. Milb.com. Retrieved on March 20, 2017.