Westville School District
|Westville School District|
|101 Birch Street
Westville, NJ 08093
|Grades||pre-K to 6|
|Superintendent||Dr. Shannon Whalen|
|Business administrator||Scott Henry|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||345 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||B|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For seventh through twelfth grade, public school students attend Gateway Regional High School, a regional public high school that also serves students from the boroughs of National Park, Wenonah and Woodbury Heights, as part of the Gateway Regional High School District. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 961 students and 81.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.9:1.
Parkview Elementary School, home of the Panthers, served 345 students as of 2011-12 school year.
- Renee Egan, Principal
- Dr. Shannon Whalen, Superintendent
- Scott Henry, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Westville School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- Gateway Regional High School District 2015 School Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 8, 2016. "Gateway Regional High School is a one school district located in Woodbury Heights, NJ. It serves students in grades 7-12 from the municipalities of National Park, Wenonah, Westville, and Woodbury Heights."
- Shryock, Bob. "Plans are in the works for Gateway's 50th anniversary", Gloucester County Times, March 22, 2012. Accessed June 8, 2016. "The 50-year milestone is based on Gateway opening in the fall of 2014 when four sending districts (Woodbury Heights, Westville, National Park and Wenonah) split from Woodbury and sent seventh, eighth and ninth graders to the new school on Egg Harbor Road in Woodbury Heights."
- School data for Gateway Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Parkview Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- Teachers and Staff, Westville School District. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Gloucester County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- Westville School District
- Westville School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Westville School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Gateway Regional High School