From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whampoa is a romanisation of 黄埔, the name of Huangpu District, Guangzhou, China. It may refer to:
- Pazhou, an island known historically as Whampoa
- Whampoa anchorage, the intermediate way station between Macao and Guangzhou
- Whampoa Military Academy, a military academy of the Republic of China in Guangzhou
- Whampoa Pagoda, in Guangzhou
- Treaty of Whampoa, a commercial treaty between France and China, concluded in 1844
- Whampoa Dock, a Hong Kong dockyard operated in the Crown Colony of Hong Kong from 1863–1979
- Whampoa Garden, a private housing estate built in the 1980s located on part of the former site of the dock
- Whampoa Station, terminal station on the Kwun Tong Line of the MTR in Hong Kong
- Hutchison Whampoa, a Hong Kong conglomerate, the eventual owner of the Whampoa Dock, Whampoa Garden, A.S. Watson & Co., Superdrug, and Hutchison 3G
- Whampoa, Singapore, a housing estate located in the district of Novena
- Whampoa Single Member Constituency, a former constituency represented by Heng Chee How that contains the housing estate of Whampoa along with other areas
- Huangpu (disambiguation), the pinyin romanisation of the same Chinese characters
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whampoa.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.