|MTR rapid transit station|
Exterior of Whampoa Station exit A
|Location||Tak Man Street × Hung Hom Road, Hung Hom
Kowloon City District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||MTR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||1 (1 side platform)|
Whampoa (Chinese: 黃埔) is the western terminus of the Kwun Tong Line of the MTR in Hong Kong. It is located within the developed area of Whampoa Garden immediately adjacent to the stern of The Whampoa, a symbol of identity for the area and its history.
The station was originally due to be open in 2015, but due to delays during the construction of the underground portion of the station, it opened on 23 October 2016.
The station consists of a platform tunnel between two separate concourses and is mainly underground except for the entrances and ventilation shafts. The West Concourse is located at the junction of Hung Hom Road and Tak Man Street while the East Concourse is located along Tak On Street and be crossed by Shung King and Tak Ting Streets.
Similar to at Po Lam and Disneyland Resort, this is a terminal station with a single side platform. Due to the expected lower passenger demand in the area, as well as the fact that the single track at Whampoa cannot accommodate all Kwun Tong Line trains during peak hours, half of all peak-hour Kwun Tong Line trains terminate at the preceding Ho Man Tin Station. As a result, trains serve Whampoa at four-minute headways.
|L1||Concourse||Customer service, MTRShops|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 1||← Kwun Tong Line towards Tiu Keng Leng (Ho Man Tin)|
- A: Man Siu Street
- B: Hung Hom Road
- C1/C2: Whampoa Garden (Shung King Street)
- D1/D2: Whampoa Garden (Tak On Street)
- "MTR Updates Construction Progress on SIL(E) and KTE Railway Projects" (PDF). MTR Corporation. 2014-06-12.
- "Whampoa Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Kwun Tong Line Extension, Projects - MTR official site
- "Whampoa Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "MTR - Kwun Tong Line Extension > Station Information > Whampoa Station". www.mtr-kwuntonglineextension.hk. MTR. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Whampoa Station.|
|This MTR- or MTR Corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|