This article does not cite any sources. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Wharfedale Rugby Union Football Club|
|Location||Threshfield, North Yorkshire, England|
|Ground(s)||The Avenue (Capacity: 2,000)|
|League(s)||National League 2 North|
Wharfedale RUFC is a rugby union team which takes part in the fourth tier of the English league system. After twenty years in the third tier, Wharfedale was relegated from National League 1 in 2016. One of the smallest teams in the league, the club is located in the North Yorkshire village of Threshfield. Wharfedale operate four senior sides and twelve junior teams.
- North East 1 champions: 1987–88
- North Division 1 champions (2): 1989–90, 1993–94[a 1]
- Courage League Division 5 North champions: 1995–96
- Yorkshire Cup winners (3 times): 2010, 2013, 2014
Notable former players
- Andrew Baggett – fly-half who became all-time National League 1 points scorer with over 1,700 scored over 14 seasons with Wharfedale (2001-08) and Blaydon (2008-17). Also capped by Yorkshire and Durham and was part of the Yorkshire side that won the 2008 Bill Beamont Cup.
- Mark Bedworth - fly-half who scored over 1,200 points for the club between 2005 and 2010. Capped by England Counties XV and Durham.
- Andrew Hodgson - rugby league convert who played at centre. He is one of the all-time try scorers in National League 1 with 95 tries.
|Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|Green background is the promotion place. Blue background is the play-off place. Pink background are relegation places.|
Updated: 13 October 2018
Source: "National League 2 North". NCA Rugby.
- Wharfedale's 1989–90 title was won when North 1 was known as North 2 and was a tier 6 league. Having secured promotion into North 1 they won that division in 1993–94, but due to RFU restructuring of the leagues that year due to the introduction of Courage League Division 5, North 1 went from being a tier 5 to tier 6 league in this time frame, with North 2 becoming tier 7. This explains why Wharfedale has won 2 titles at tier 6. Prior to and after this date North 1 was a tier 5 league and today's equivalent at tier 6 is North 1 East and North 1 West - two regional divisions.
|This English rugby union team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|