What About Your Friends
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|"What About Your Friends"|
|Single by TLC|
|from the album Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip|
|Released||August 28, 1992|
|Length||4:00 (Radio edit w/o rap)
4:06 (Radio edit w/ rap)
4:55 (Album version)
|TLC singles chronology|
"What About Your Friends" is TLC's third single from their debut album, Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip. It reached #7 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the group's third consecutive top-ten single. The single was released in August 28, 1992.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2015)|
The main performance scenes of the video are the girls walking in an alley surrounded by backup dancers, underneath a bridge, on an outside staircase, on an apartment roof, in a slushie bar and wearing graffiti clothes in front of a graffiti-covered wall. Two versions of the video were made: one focuses on more of the performance shots of the girls and scenes of them infiltrating a stylish fashion show, while the other features scenes of a party in a big park where the girls are being very happy, dancing and having fun with their friends and some family members; including a scene of them reprising their roles as hillbillies from the "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg" video at the end. Jermaine Dupri makes a cameo appearance.
The song reached No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the group's third consecutive top ten single, and reached No. 2 on the Hot R&B Singles chart. The single was certified gold by the RIAA. In the United Kingdom, "What About Your Friends" peaked at No. 59.
|Australian Singles Chart||79|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||7|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||2|
|U.S. Billboard Top 40/Rhythm-Crossover||1|
|U.S. Billboard Pop Songs||18|
|UK Singles Chart||59|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||88|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||62|
- "ASCAP search". ASCAP. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Billboard singles history". Billboard/Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Ooooooohhh...On the TLC Tip Billboard singles history". Billboard/Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "American certifications – TLC – What About Your Friends". Recording Industry Association of America.
- "UK charts archive". Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988-2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1992". Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1993". Retrieved 2010-08-27.