What Goes On (Velvet Underground song)
|"What Goes On"|
|Single by The Velvet Underground|
|from the album The Velvet Underground|
|Recorded||November - December 1968 at T.T.G. Studios, Hollywood|
|Producer(s)||The Velvet Underground|
|The Velvet Underground singles chronology|
- Lou Reed – lead vocals, multi-tracked electric & acoustic guitars (including solo)
- Doug Yule – bass, Vox Continental organ, backing vocals
- Sterling Morrison – multi-tracked electric guitars (including solo)
- Maureen Tucker – drums
It was also recorded by the Feelies on their 1988 album Only Life, Elizabeth Mitchell on her 2006 album You Are My Little Bird, The Screaming Trees on the 2009 compilation album Unpiecing the Jigsaw - A Tribute to The Velvet Underground and the Dils on numerous live albums.
In 1978, aficionados Mike "MC" Kostek and Phil Milstein started the Velvet Underground Appreciation Society, which collected, cataloged and made available various rarities. They also published a fanzine titled "What Goes On", and later on a newsletter titled "What Goes On Jr."
- Discogs - T.T.G. Studios (Hollywood) profile and discography
- Unterberger (2009)
- "Robert Caruso". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Once in a Lifetime". The 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century. National Public Radio broadcast. 27 March 2000. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Unpiecing the jigsaw: A Tribute to The Velvet Underground" by Dave Thompson, AllMusic.com
- Zak (1997)
- Le Velours Souterrain
- Le Velours Souterrain, Velvet Underground fanzines
- Unterberger, Richie. White Light/White Heat The Velvet Underground Day By Day ; Jawbone Press; June 1, 2009; ISBN 9781906002220
- Zak, Alban.The Velvet Underground Companion: Four Decades of Commentary; Schirmer Trade Books; November 1, 1997; ISBN 9780028646275