What If... (2010 film)
|Directed by||Dallas Jenkins|
|Written by||Chuck Konzelman|
Andrea Gyertson Nasfell
|Music by||Jeehun Hwang|
|Edited by||Frank Reynolds|
10 West Studios
|Distributed by||Pure Flix Entertainment|
What If... is a 2010 drama film directed by Dallas Jenkins and starring Kevin Sorbo, John Ratzenberger, Kristy Swanson and Debby Ryan. The film was released in theaters on August 20, 2010. It is the first film in a two-film partnership between Jenkins Entertainment and Pure Flix Entertainment.
When Ben Walker (Kevin Sorbo) was young, he left his girlfriend Wendy (Kristy Swanson) and his hometown calling for a business opportunity. 15 years later, with a high-paying career and a trophy fiancé, he is visited by Mike (John Ratzenberger), an angel, who gives him a glimpse into what his life would look like had he followed his original plans.
After that experience, Ben finds himself in the hospital, waking up from his coma, gives up his fiancé, to be reunited with Wendy.
- Kevin Sorbo as Ben Walker
- Kristy Swanson as Wendy Walker
- Debby Ryan as Kimberly "Kim" Walker
- Taylor Groothius as Megan Walker
- John Ratzenberger as Mike, the Angel
- Kristin Minter as Cynthia
- Toni Trucks as Claire
- Stelio Savante as Joel Muller
- Kevin Yon as Charlie
- Tom McElroy as James McCutcheon
- Grant James as Henryk Zimmerman
What If... was filmed June 28–July 14, 2009, mostly in Manistee, Michigan at 10 West Studios, with some filming done in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Jenkins Entertainment is owned by Jerry B. Jenkins and operated by his son Dallas Jenkins. Jerry will serve as executive producer and Dallas will direct both films. Pure Flix Entertainment will produce and supervise marketing and distribution for the films.
- Serba, John (July 1, 2009). "'What If' direct-to-DVD movie filming in Manistee, Grand Rapids". The Grand Rapids Press. MLive.com. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- Moring, Mark (August 5, 2009). "Cliff Clavin, Hercules in Christian flick". Christianity Today. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- Rykerd, Beverly (September 29, 2009). "Jenkins Entertainment's New Film 'What If...' Completes Principal Photography". The Christian Post. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- Granger, Karen Fortner (April 9, 2010). "Dallas Jenkins to release film, What If". The Good News. Retrieved April 24, 2010.