What It Is
|Look up what it is in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
What It Is is a slang phrase popularized in the 1970s as a greeting or as another way to ask an individual about their well-being or general perception of things (similar to "How are you?", "How is it going?" or "What's Up?"). It is a shortening of the greeting, "What it is, what it was, and what it shall be," popular in the 1960s among African Americans.
It also may refer to :
- What It Is (Boogaloo Joe Jones album), 1971
- What It Is, a Cordelia's Dad album
- What It Is (Mal Waldron album), 1981
- What It Is (PSD album), 1999
- What It Is! (Kahil El'Zabar album), 2013
- "What It Is", a Black Eyed Peas song from the album Behind the Front, 1998
- "What It Is" (Busta Rhymes song), from the 2001 album Genesis
- "What It Is" (Gorilla Zoe song), 2009
- "What It Is" (Mark Knopfler song), a 2000 song by Mark Knopfler from Sailing to Philadelphia
- "What It Is (Strike a Pose)", a 2008 song by Lil Mama from VYP (Voice of the Young People)
- What It Is (Jonathan Davis song), a song by Korn frontman Jonathan Davis, 2018
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title What It Is.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.