What Kinda Gone
|"What Kinda Gone"|
|Single by Chris Cagle|
|from the album My Life's Been a Country Song|
|Released||July 23, 2007|
|Chris Cagle singles chronology|
"What Kinda Gone" is a song recorded by American country music singer Chris Cagle. It was released in July 2007 as the first single from his album My Life's Been a Country Song, which was released in early 2008. Having reached a peak position of number 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in April 2008, it became Cagle's first Top 10 single since 2003's "Chicks Dig It", his eleventh chart single overall, and his final Top 10 country single. It was written by Dave Berg, Candyce Cameron and Chip Davis.
The narrator's significant other tells him she’s gone, but he wonders what kind of "gone" she is talking about and he proceeds to list off the various meanings of the word.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song an American B+ grade saying that song is "packed with personality" and that he was "smiling from the first verse".
"What Kinda Gone" debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of August 4, 2007.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||54|
|US Billboard Pop 100||96|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||69|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
- What Kinda Gone review by Kevin John Coyne
- "Chris Cagle – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Chris Cagle.
- "Chris Cagle – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Chris Cagle.
- "Chris Cagle – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Chris Cagle.
- "Best of 2008: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2008. Retrieved December 13, 2008.
- Chip Davis, the co-songwriter of What Kinda Gone, chats about the song with the 2 music geeks
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|