What They Want (Russ song)
|"What They Want"|
|Single by Russ|
|from the album There's Really a Wolf|
|Released||August 19, 2015|
|Russ singles chronology|
"What They Want" is a song by American rapper Russ. It was released on his SoundCloud page on August 19, 2015. Russ included this song on his debut studio album There's Really a Wolf. The song was mixed, mastered, engineered, produced, written, and performed by Russ.
The song is a response to labels and women who now want to approach him due to his success as a rapper. In the songs hook, Russ states "Dollar signs, yeah, I know it's what they want", as women now want him for his money, and labels want him for the money they can make off of his hard work.
"What They Want" peaked at number 83 on the Billboard Hot 100. It is Russ' first song to appear on the Billboard Hot 100. The single eventually was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over a million digital copies in the United States.
|Belgium Urban (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||50|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||70|
|US Billboard Hot 100||83|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||33|
|Canada (Music Canada)||2× Platinum||20,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||2× Platinum||2,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- What They Want (Prod. Russ), retrieved 2017-05-09
- "There's Really A Wolf by Russ on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- Russ – What They Want, retrieved 2017-05-09
- RussVEVO (2016-05-03), Russ - What They Want (Official Video), retrieved 2017-05-09
- "Russ Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "Russ Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- "Russ Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- "Canadian single certifications – Russ – What They Want". Music Canada.
- "American single certifications – Russ – What They Want". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved February 13, 2018. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.