What Up, What's Haapnin'
|"What Up, What's Haapnin'"|
|Single by T.I.|
|from the album Paper Trail|
|Released||September 2, 2008|
|Genre||Southern hip hop|
|Length||5:21 (explicit version)|
5:05 (clean version)
|T.I. singles chronology|
"What Up, What's Haapnin'" is a song by American hip hop recording artist T.I., from his sixth studio album Paper Trail. The track was produced by Drumma Boy and was released for digital download on September 2, 2008. The song peaked at eighty four on the Billboard Hot 100 and at number ninety seven Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart when it first leaked into Internet. The song is a direct diss to Shawty Lo. The video had made its way to iTunes, BET's 106 & Park, & MTV.
The music video for this track premiered on Streetcred.com on September 12, 2008. It was officially released for download on iTunes on September 16, 2008.
The Music Video has a cameo appearance near the end of a relatively unknown Meek Mill who had just signed with Grand Hustle. Meek Mill is seen with long hair, a style he dropped prior to his breakout success. Meek Mill was later dropped by Grand Hustle as an artist and signed with MMG which is led by Rick Ross. Lil Duval also appeared in the video.
- Digital single
|1.||"What Up, What's Haapnin'"||Clifford Harris, Christopher Gholson, Harvey Mason||* Contains samples of "Never Give You Up" performed by Harvey Mason||5:21|
Remixes and alternate versions
|US Billboard Hot 100||84|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||97|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||34|
- Evan Serpick (May 5, 2008). T.I. Talks Going to Jail, Previews Tracks From New Album Rolling Stone. Accessed May 6, 2008.
- iTunes "Countdown to Paper Trail" Check
|url=value (help). iTunes Store. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- T.I. @ Shawty Lo's house. Accessed August 25, 2008.
- "T.I. Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "T.I. Chart History (Hot Rap Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 24, 2013.