What a Widow!
|What a Widow!|
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Produced by||Gloria Swanson
Joseph P. Kennedy
|Written by||James Gleason (adaptation)
James Seymour (adaptation)
|Screenplay by||James Gleason
|Story by||Josephine Lovett|
|Music by||Hugo Felix
|Edited by||Viola Lawrence|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
What a Widow! was Swanson's second talkie and was executive produced by her then lover Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. The film received generally positive reviews and was noted for its animated title sequence created by William Dietz but was met with lukewarm box office returns.
- Gloria Swanson - Tamarind Brook
- Owen Moore - Gerry Morgan
- Lew Cody - Victor
- Margaret Livingston - Valli
- William Holden - Mr. Lodge
- Herbert Braggiotti - Jose Alvarado
- Gregory Gaye - Baslikoff
- Adrienne D'Ambricourt - Paulette
- Nella Walker - Marquise
- Daphne Pollard - Masseuse
- Shearer, Stephen Michael; Basinger, Jeanine (2013). Gloria Swanson: The Ultimate Star. Macmillan. p. 445. ISBN 1-250-01366-6.
- (Shearer 2013, pp. 1673–1674)
- Lombardi, Frederic (2013). Allan Dwan and the Rise and Decline of the Hollywood Studios. McFarland. p. 180. ISBN 0-786-43485-6.
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collections and The United Artist Collections at The Library of Congress (<-book title)[trailer only] p.206 c.1978 the American Film Institute
|This article about a romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|