Wheatland Township, Bureau County, Illinois
Lone Tree School, now the township hall
Location in Bureau County
Bureau County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||17.83 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Land||17.82 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||7.6/sq mi (2.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61368, 61421, 61537, 61560|
|GNIS feature ID||0429924|
Wheatland Township is one of twenty-five townships in Bureau County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 135 and it contained 67 housing units. Wheatland Township was originally part of Milo Township, and became a separate township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.83 square miles (46.2 km2), of which 17.82 square miles (46.2 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Hunter and Lone Tree.
- Bradford Community Unit School District 1
- Henry-Senachwine Community Unit School District 5
- Princeton Elementary School District 115 and Princeton High School District 500
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 73
- State Senate District 37
- "Wheatland Township, Bureau County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Indiantown Township||Arispie Township|
|Milo Township||Senachwine Township, Putnam County|
|Saratoga Township, Marshall County||Whitefield Township, Marshall County|