Location of Wheeler in Porter County, Indiana.
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||167/sq mi (64.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||445882|
Wheeler is an unincorporated census-designated place (CDP) in northern Union Township, Porter County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It lies along State Road 130, northwest of the city of Valparaiso, the county seat of Porter County. Its elevation is 666 feet (203 m). Although Wheeler is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 46393. The population of Wheeler was 443 at the 2010 census. Wheeler has seen small growth, although it is unincorporated, but the estimated population of Wheeler at the 2014 estimate was 452. The 2014 population area estimate of and around Wheeler was 1,685. Wheeler is served by the Union Township School Corporation, which includes Wheeler High School, Union Township Middle School, and two elementary schools. Wheeler today is still part of Union Township and has remained as the largest community in the township by population.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 19. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Wheeler CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 180.
- "Porter County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|