Location of Wheeler in Porter County, Indiana.
|• Total||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||167/sq mi (64.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||445882|
Wheeler is an unincorporated census-designated place (CDP) in northern Union Township, Porter County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It lies along State Road 130, northwest of the city of Valparaiso. Although Wheeler is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 46393. The population of Wheeler was 443 at the 2010 census. 
The population at the 2010 census was 443. There ware 214 males (48.4%) and 229 females (51.6%). The median resident age is 48.5 in Wheeler compared to the median age of 37.7 in Indiana. The estimated median household income in 2017 was $65,747 In Wheeler compared to $54,181 in Indiana. The estimated per capita income in 2017 was $32,521. The percentage of residents living in poverty in 2017 was 3%.
Wheeler is served by the Union Township School Corporation, which includes Wheeler High School, Union Township Middle School, and two elementary schools. Wheeler today is still part of Union Township and has remained as the largest community in the township by population.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 19. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Wheeler CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 180.
- "Porter County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 October 2015.