|• Total||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||1,685|
|• Density||167/sq mi (64.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||445882|
Wheeler is an unincorporated census-designated place (CDP) in northern Union Township, Porter County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 130, northwest of the city of Valparaiso, the county seat of Porter County. Its elevation is 666 feet (203 m), and it is located at (41.5117046, -87.1792001). Although Wheeler is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 46393.  The population of Wheeler was 443 at the 2010 census. Wheeler has seen small growth, although its unincorporated, but the estimated population of Wheeler at the 2014 estimate was 452. The 2014 population area estimate of and around Wheeler was 1,685.  Wheeler is served by the Union Township Community School Corporation. Wheeler today is still an important part of Union Township and has remained as the largest (In population) community with an estimate of an area population of 1,685.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 19. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Wheeler CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|