Wheeling, Delaware County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||866 ft (264 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||445895|
The post office Wheeling once contained was originally called Cranberry. The Cranberry post office was started in 1834, renamed Wheeling in 1838, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1933.
Wheeling is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Kemper, General William Harrison (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Delaware County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 100.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 346. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
A post office established here as Cranberry on January 17, 1834...
- "Delaware County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
|This Delaware County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|