Wheeling Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Wheeling Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
The Booth Homestead, built 1843
Location of Wheeling Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||32.2 sq mi (83.5 km2)|
|• Land||32.2 sq mi (83.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||21/sq mi (8.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086194|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Oxford Township, Tuscarawas County - north
- Washington Township, Tuscarawas County - northeast corner
- Monroe Township - east
- Liberty Township - southeast
- Knox Township - southwest
- Linton Township, Coshocton County - west
- Oxford Township, Coshocton County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Wheeling Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wheeling township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Guernsey County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 329.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.