Where We All Belong
|Where We All Belong|
|Studio album /live album by|
|Recorded||Live at Uhlein Hall, Performing Arts Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
July 31, 1974
Capricorn Studios, Macon, Georgia, 1974
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Length||83:17 (original release), 86:30 (CD re-issue)|
|The Marshall Tucker Band chronology|
Where We All Belong is the third album by The Marshall Tucker Band (credited to “Marshall Tucker Band”). It is a double album; disc one is a studio album and disc two is a live album, featuring extensive jamming by the band and guest fiddle player, Charlie Daniels, on "24 Hours at a Time". Album two was recorded live at the Performing Arts Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 31, 1974. A printing error in the liner notes states Toy Caldwell credited as playing lead guitar and vocals on "Can't You See". Can't You See was actually recorded at this show, but would be retained for release on the band's following album, Searchin' for a Rainbow, in 1975. Album one was recorded in 1974 in Macon, Georgia at Capricorn Studios.
All songs written by Toy Caldwell, except where noted.
- "This Ol' Cowboy" - 6:42
- "Low Down Ways" - 3:00
- "In My Own Way" - 7:17
- "How Can I Slow Down" - 3:19
- "Where a Country Boy Belongs" - 4:32
- "Now She's Gone" (Toy and Tommy Caldwell) - 4:20
- "Try One More Time" - 4:46
- "Ramblin'" - 6:13
- "24 Hours at a Time" - 13:57
CD reissue bonus track
"See You Later, I'm Gone" (Live at Winterland Auditorium in San Francisco, CA, September 1973) - 3:13
- Doug Gray – lead vocals, percussion
- Toy Caldwell – electric and acoustic guitars, steel guitar, lead vocals on "This Ol' Cowboy" and "Everyday (I Have the Blues)"
- Tommy Caldwell – bass guitar, backing vocals
- George McCorkle – electric and acoustic guitars, banjo
- Jerry Eubanks – flute, alto, baritone and tenor saxophone, backing vocals
- Paul Riddle – drums
- Charlie Daniels – fiddle on “24 Hours At a Time” and "This Ol' Cowboy"
- Elvin Bishop – slide guitar on "Where a Country Boy Belongs"
- Johnny Vernazza – slide guitar on "Where a Country Boy Belongs"
- Billy Sanders – harmonica, rhythm guitar
- Paul Hornsby – piano, organ, clavinet
- Earl Ford – trombone
- Jerry Joseph – conga
- Steve Madaio – trumpet
- Sam McPhearson – harp
- Stein – fiddle
- Buffalo Smith, Michael. "Marshall Tucker Band: Where We All Belong". Swampland. Retrieved December 12, 2018.