Where the Hood At?
|"Where the Hood At?"|
|Single by DMX|
|from the album Grand Champ|
|Released||December 30, 2003|
|Format||12-inch single, Vinyl, Digital download|
|Genre||Hip hop, Gangsta rap|
|Label||Ruff Ryders, Def Jam|
|DMX singles chronology|
"Where the Hood At?" is a song by American hip hop recording artist DMX, released as the lead single from his fifth studio album Grand Champ (2003). The track is noted to be a diss track towards Ja Rule; particularly in the first verse. Allmusic stated "The anthemic lead single, 'Where the Hood At,' is precisely modeled after previous DMX rallying calls like 'Ruff Ryder Anthem,' 'What's My Name?,' and 'Who We Be.'"
The clean version doesn't have the third verse, unlike the explicit version. The producers for the song were the music creation team Tuneheadz. Recorded in 2003, it was one of the first singles to be available as a digital download via Amazon.com.
The music video is clean and is set in DMX's neighborhood in Yonkers, New York. There are appearances from rappers Drag-On, Swizz Beatz, Fat Joe and Busta Rhymes. In the second half of the video, a song entitled "A'Yo Kato", produced by Swizz Beatz, was added to pay tribute to his fallen friend.
- Where the Hood At?
- Where the Hood At? (Instrumental)
- Ruff Ryders' Anthem
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||68|
|U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks (Billboard)||24|
|U.S. Hot Rap Singles (Billboard)||13|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||16|
|German Singles (Media Control Charts)||29|
- "DMX – Chart History: Billboard Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "DMX – Chart History: Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "DMX – Chart History: Rap Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "DMX – Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Chartverfolgung / DMX / Singles". German Charts. Media Control Charts. Retrieved May 1, 2014.