|Elevation||7,711 ft (2,350 m)|
|Length||14 mi (23 km) N-S|
|Width||9 mi (14 km) E-W|
|Region||Northwestern Chihuahuan Desert|
|Borders on||San Pedro River & Valley-E
Mule Mountains-(small range)-SW
The range is located south of Interstate 10, between the Santa Rita Mountains to the west, and the Dragoon Mountains to the east. Higher elevations of the major ranges in the region are in the Madrean Sky Islands ecoregion, with sky island habitats.
Peaks in the range include:
- Apache Peak, 7711 ft
- French Peak, 7675 ft;
- Granite Peak, 7420 ft — southern section.
- Cottonwood Peak, 7100 ft — northeast section.
- East Peak, at 6681 ft — eastern section.
- Bulletin - United States Geological Survey By Geological Survey (U.S.) Published by The Survey., 1909 Item notes: no. 380 Original from Harvard University
- Coronado National Forest: Sierra Vista Recreation Area
- Maxa, Christine. Hiking Arizona (America's Best Day Hiking Series, 8000). Human Kinetics Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7360-4157-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
Whetstone Mountains, Arizona.