While Waiting for the Red Spectacles
|While Waiting for the Red Spectacles|
|Studio album by Kenji Kawai|
|Released||September 28, 2000|
As tachigui professionals, the legendary Fast Food Grifters have the privilege to eat in stand-and-eat street restaurants without paying.
Live-action film sequel (1987)
The Red Spectacles was released in Japanese theaters the following month.
Manga adaptation (1999)
The Fast Food Grifter assassination episode (立喰師撲殺事件) which led to both the Metropolitan Police's dismantlement order and the Kerberos Riot is portrayed in Kerberos Panzer Cop: Conclusion's Act 6.
Novel spin-off (2004)
Tachiguishi-Retsuden was written by Mamoru Oshii in 2004. It extends the Tachigui arc introduced in While Waiting for the Red Spectacles.
Kerberos saga historical background and significant dates in both the real and fictitious history.
The narration is about events happening to Koichi Todome while exiled from Japan after the Kerberos Riot, before Inui came to Taiwan seeking for him. The portrayed events can be localized in the saga's timeline between the prologue of The Red Spectacles and StrayDog.
In 1999, 3rd night: Story of the incident of Fast Food Grifter Cold Badger Masa's clubbing to death was adapted in comic to become Kerberos Panzer Cop Act 6.
- 1st night: Kerberos Night - The Rise and Fall of the Panzer Detective
- (第一夜 ケルベロスの夜－機甲刑事の栄光と没落)
- 2nd night: Kerberos Night - Dog's name: "Koichi Todome"
- (第二夜 ケルベロスの夜－犬の名は都々目紅一)
- 3rd night: Tachiguishi Night - Story of the incident of Fast Food Grifter Cold Badger Masa's clubbing to death
- (第三夜 立食師たちの夜－マッハ軒立食師撲殺事件・異聞)
- 4th night: Tachiguishi Night - The Fast Food Grifter becoming a myth ?
- (第四夜 立食師たちの夜－師よ神話の人となるか)
- 5th night: Tachiguishi Night - Does the dog throw into the darkness of the battle and just leave ?
- (第五夜 立食師たちの夜－犬は戦いの闇に舞い降りるか)
The drama was broadcast on Radio Nihon in January 1987, one month before the release of The Red Spectacles. In September 2000, it was released as a CD drama bundled with the Kerberos Panzer Cop: Complete Book manga.
The two musical themes were released, in 2003, in Kenji Kawai's "Cinema Anthology" audio CD boxset.
- 局員A: Akio Ōtsuka (大塚明夫)
- 局員B: Takashi Matsuyama (松山鷹志)
- 局員C: Rei Sakuma (佐久間レイ)
- 局員D: Mako Hyodo (兵藤まこ)
- Airport announcer: Rei Sakuma (佐久間レイ)
- Police radio A: Takashi Matsuyama (松山鷹志)
- Police radio B: Haji Takaya (土師孝也)
- Police radio C: Akio Ohtsuka (大塚明夫)
- Narrator: Haji Takaya (土師孝也)
- 原案・脚本: Mamoru Oshii, (伊藤和典)
- 録音演出: (若林和弘)
- 調整: (門倉徹), (高野慎二)
- 音楽: (川井憲次)
- 監督: (押井守)
- Recording studio: Tokyo TV Center
- Original edition: Pair Pair Animage / Radio Japan
- Broadcast: January 26~30 1987