Whinfell is a civil parish in South Lakeland, Cumbria, England. It does not have a parish council but a parish meeting.  The parish lies north east of Kendal, between the A6 and the A685. The neighbouring parishes are Grayrigg to the east, Docker to the south, Skelsmergh to the south west, Whitwell and Selside to the west, and Tebay in Eden District to the north.
In the 2011 census it had a population of 186.
- "Whinfell Parish Meeting". South Lakeland District Council. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Information on Whinfell (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Whinfell (Parish): key figures". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Advanced search". National Heritage List for England. Historic England. Retrieved 6 March 2016. Enter parish name to search
- "Whinfell through time". Vision of Britain.
|This Cumbria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|