From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Whirlpool or whirlpool in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A whirlpool is a swirling body of water. It may also refer to:
- The whirlpool bath, an alternate name for a hot tub
- Whirlpool tub, a bathtub
- Whirlpool Corporation, a household appliance manufacturer
- Whirlpool (cryptography), a cryptographic hash function
- Whirlpool Galaxy, aka M51, located in the constellation Canes Venatici
- The Whirlpool (novel), a 1897 novel by English author George Gissing
- A move first introduced in Pokémon Gen II used to cross whirlpools (outside of battle) when it can be used after winning at the Mahogany Town Gym or inflict damage (in battle, but can be countered by Rapid Spin)
- Whirlpool (website), an Australian website for broadband users.
- The Whirlpool (Jane Urquhart novel), a 1986 novel by Jane Urquhart
- The Whirlpool (George Gissing novel), an 1897 novel by George Gissing
- Whirlpool (1934 film), a 1934 American drama film directed by Roy William Neill
- Whirlpool (1949 film), a 1949 American film directed by Otto Preminger
- Whirlpool (1959 film), a 1959 film directed by Lewis Allen, starring O. W. Fischer and Juliette Gréco
- The Whirlpool (1918 film), a 1918 American crime drama film directed by Alan Crosland
- The Whirlpool (2012 film), a 2012 American French language romantic drama film directed by Alvin Case
- Krútňava or The Whirlpool, a 1949 opera by Eugen Suchoň
- Whirlpool (Buckethead album)
- Whirlpool (Chapterhouse album)
- Whirlpool (Some Velvet Sidewalk album)
- "Whirlpool" (song), a 1991 song by the Meat Puppets
- "Whirlpool", a 2010 single by Yuri Kane
- Whirlpool (band), a 1990s British band signed to Creation Records and featuring Gem Archer
- Whirlpool (band), an American band that released two albums on ears & eyes Records from 2013 - 2015.
- The Whirlpool, also known as Niagara Whirlpool, a giant whirlpool on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, downstream from the falls.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whirlpool.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.