Whiskey Dick Mountain
|Whiskey Dick Mountain|
Wind turbines on Whiskey Dick Mountain
|Elevation||3,873 ft (1,180 m) NGVD 29|
|Prominence||423 ft (129 m) |
|Parent range||Wenatchee Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS Whiskey Dick Mountain|
Whiskey Dick Mountain is located 15 miles (24 km) east of Ellensburg, in Washington state. Within the 28,549-acre (115.53 km2) Whiskey Dick Unit of the L.T. Murray Wildlife Area, it is the highest point on Windy Ridge. The site of the Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility is on its southwest flank. The farm, with 149 wind turbines, is owned by Puget Sound Energy.
- "Whiskey Dick Mountain, Washington". Peakbagger.com.
- "Whiskey Dick Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Whiskey Dick Unit". Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- "Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility". Puget Sound Energy.
- "Wild Horse Access by written permission program". Puget Sound Energy.
- Sykes, Karen (April 21, 2005). "Hike Of The Week: Whiskey Dick's desert ramble can be a blast". Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
|This Kittitas County, Washington state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|