This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Country rock, Southern rock, hard rock|
Wiggy Thump Records
Whiskey Myers is an American Southern rock/Texas/country group from Palestine, Texas composed of Cody Cannon (lead vocals and acoustic guitar), Cody Tate (lead and rhythm guitar), John Jeffers (lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Jeff Hogg (drums), and Jamey Gleaves (bass). In 2008, they signed with Smith Entertainment and released their debut album, Road of Life. Their second album, Firewater, was released by Wiggy Thump in 2011 and debuted in the Top 30 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart, largely thanks to the single "Ballad of a Southern Man". On February 4, 2014, the album, Early Morning Shakes, was released and received mostly positive reviews. The new studio album, Mud, was released September 9, 2016 and is currently available.
The band started when friends Cody Cannon and Cody Tate began playing guitar together, inspired by the music of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, and many other southern rock and country artists. After being joined by friend John Jeffers, they began calling themselves Lucky Southern. After playing together for a while, the three decided to start a more serious band. They enlisted friend Jeff Hogg to play drums, and asked Cannon's cousin Gary Brown to play bass (although he did not know how to play the instrument at the time). They began playing shows around their hometown and native state of Texas, slowly starting to build a following on the Texas/Red Dirt scene.
In 2018, the band was featured in four episodes of the Kevin Costner Paramount Network series Yellowstone (U.S TV Series). Shortly afterwards, the band's three available albums moved into the top 10 iTunes country chart. Their most recent album, Mud, reached #1 on the charts, and its song "Stone" reached #9 in all genres.
- Cody Cannon – Lead vocals, Acoustic guitar (2007–present)
- Cody Tate – Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, Backing vocals (2007–present)
- John Jeffers – Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, Backing vocals (2007–present)
- Gary Brown – Bass (2007–2017)
- Jamey Gleaves - Bass (2017–present)
- Jeff Hogg – Drums (2007–present)
- Tony Kent – Percussion (2016–present)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Road of Life||
|Early Morning Shakes||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2011||"Ballad of a Southern Man"||Mason Dixon|
|2012||"Anna Marie"||Matt Bizer|
- Leggett, Steve. "Whiskey Myers Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Whiskey Myers Album & Song Chart History – Country Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Whiskey Myers Album & Song Chart History – Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Whiskey Myers Album & Song Chart History – Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Whiskey Myers Album & Song Chart History – Independent Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- Bjorke, Matt (September 27, 2016). "Country Album Sales Chart: September 22, 2016". Roughstock.
- "CMT : Videos : Whiskey Myers : Ballad of a Southern Man". Country Music Television. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Whiskey Myers : Anna Marie". Country Music Television. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "CMT : Videos : Whiskey Myers : Virginia". Country Music Television. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "CMT : Videos : Whiskey Myers : Home". Country Music Television. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- "CMT : Videos : Whiskey Myers : Dogwood". Country Music Television. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
|This article on a United States country music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|