|Single by Johnny Bush|
|from the album Whiskey River|
|B-side||"Right Back in Your Arms Again"|
|Genre||Country, roots country|
|Label||RCA Victor #0745|
|Johnny Bush singles chronology|
|Single by Willie Nelson|
|from the album Willie and Family Live|
|B-side||"Under the Double Eagle"|
|Genre||Country, Outlaw Country, roots country|
|Willie Nelson singles chronology|
"Whiskey River" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Johnny Bush. He released the song in 1972 through RCA Victor and included it on his album Whiskey River. Bush later re-recorded the song in 1981 and released it through the Delta label, with "When My Conscience Hurts the Most" on the b-side.
Willie Nelson versions
Willie Nelson first recorded "Whiskey River" for the album Shotgun Willie in 1973. In 1978, a recording from Nelson's live album Willie and Family Live was released as a single through Columbia Records. "Whiskey River", despite not being a Nelson original, has come to be regarded as one of his signature songs  and a concert staple, usually the first song on the set list. Nelson's version is featured in the Grand Theft Auto V soundtrack.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||7|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||92|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||12|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||3|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 72. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Whitburn, p. 294
- Brennan, Sandra. "Johnny Bush biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- Daniels, Charlie. Growing Up Country: What Makes Country Life Country, section: Johnny Bush (see Google Books link - page number not available.
- "Johnny Bush Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Willie Nelson Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
|This 1970s country song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|