This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner||Cameron Craig and Jason Hill|
|Alexa rank||8,492 (US 03/2016)|
WhistleOut is a comparison website that assists consumers in shopping for cellphone plans. In Australia, the site also covers comparisons of fixed-line broadband plans, wireless broadband plans and subscription TV service offerings. The technology that powers WhistleOut's search engine is used by a number of online publications like: The Sydney Morning Herald, News.com.au and Yahoo, plus technology sites like Android Central and Techradar.
WhistleOut was launched in Sydney, Australia in May 2008 with an initial focus of just mobile phone plans. Later the search tool expanded to include comparisons of broadband plans, subscription TV offers and financial services.
Eventually credit card and home loan comparisons were removed, and the company returned its focus to comparison shopping of communication services. The Australia site currently compares over 16,000 plan combinations from 30 suppliers.
The WhistleOut comparison engine is now available in 6 countries.
- WhistleOut Australia launched in May 2008.
- WhistleOut UK launched in January 2012
- WhistleOut New Zealand launched in October 2012
- WhistleOut US launched in January 2013
- WhistleOut Canada launched in June 2014
- WhistleOut Mexico launched in February 2016.
- Gordon, Whitson. "WhistleOut Compares Tons of Cellphone Plans, Finds You the Best". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "Simple ways to save big on wireless plans". USA Today. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "How Cell Phone Provider Wars Could Reduce your Bill". ABC Good Morning America. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Best Cell Phone Plans 2015". TIME. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "If you're going to buy an iPhone 6s on a plan, buy it now". SMH. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Which Aussie telco plan is the best value for your family?". News.com.au. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- "WhistleOut". WhistleOut. Retrieved 17 March 2016.