The white-throated thrush (Turdus assimilis) is a species of bird in the family Turdidae. It is found in Mexico and Central America, ranging south to central Panama. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests, subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests. It is common in its range and an extremely rare vagrant into Texas and Arizona; 3 sightings have been recorded (1990 and 1998 in Texas and 2019 in Arizona).
This species has been referred to in some literature as "white-throated robin." However, that name is now more usually applied to the European species Irania gutturalis.
The white-throated thrush measures about 23 cm (9.1 in). It features a distinctive black and white streaked throat bounded by a solid white crescent. Breast is light gray to gray-brown, back is dark gray to gray-brown. It also has bold yellow eyerings, bill and feet.
- BirdLife International (2012). "Turdus assimilis". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2013.2. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- Collar, N. J. (2005). White-throated Thrush (Turdus assimilis). Pp. 663 in: del Hoyo, J.; Elliott, A.; & Christie, D. A. eds. (2005). Handbook of the Birds of the World. Vol. 10. Cuckoo-shrikes to Thrushes. Lynx Edicion, Barcelona. ISBN 84-87334-72-5
- "White-throated Thrush". Texasbirds.org. Texas Ornithological Society. 1997. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "White-throated Thrush". www.azfo.org. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Garrigues, Richard; Dean, Robert (2007). The Birds of Costa Rica. Ithaca: Zona Tropical/Comstock/Cornell University Press. p. 250. ISBN 978-0-8014-7373-9.
- Angehr, George R.; Dean, Robert (2010). The Birds of Panama. Ithaca: Zona Tropical/Comstock/Cornell University Press. p. 304. ISBN 978-0-8014-7674-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turdus assimilis.|
|Wikispecies has information related to Turdus assimilis|
- BirdLife species factsheet for Turdus assimilis
- "Turdus assimilis". Avibase.
- "White-throated Thrush media". Internet Bird Collection.
- White-throated Thrush photo gallery at VIREO (Drexel University)
- White-throated Thrush species account at Neotropical Birds (Cornell Lab of Ornithology)
|This article about a thrush is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|