This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Software Composition Analysis|
The company was founded after its three co-founders sold their previous company, Eurekify, to CA Technologies. During the due diligence process, the co-founders experienced first hand the challenge in generating an accurate open source inventory report.
The company launched its open source license management platform. The software discovers open source components in the customers’ apps. It then alerts them when a vulnerable code is added to the software projects that are being used or when threats pop up that affect the existing software.
WhiteSource provides an open source security and license compliance management platform for organizations to manage their open source assets:
Automatically identiﬁes all the open source components and dependencies in your build by constant and automatic cross-referencing of your open source components against WhiteSource’s deﬁnitive database of open source repositories.
While you search for open source components, our browser plugin reveals any reported bugs, security risks, undesirable licenses (as deﬁned by the company policy you set up) newer versions and more for each component, so you can make better decisions about which component to add to your build.
The earlier you detect an issue the easier and less expensive it is to ﬁx. Find out about potential pitfalls in your open source components and their dependencies before they turn into problems with optional security, policy, bug, and newer version email alerts. Each indicates level of severity, from high to low.
Because WhiteSource continually and automatically logs a detailed inventory of your open source components, dependencies, licenses and license references, 100% accurate, up-to-date reports are always just a click away, and can be downloaded to spreadsheets in seconds.
Main investors in the company include Susquehanna Growth Equity, 83North, Microsoft Ventures, David Strohm and the Israeli Innovation Authority. The company has raised $46 million as of 2018.
WhiteSource Bolt was launched in 2016.
- Harris, Richard. "WhiteSource Bolt detects vulnerable open source components". App Developer Magazine. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Open source software co WhiteSource raises $10m - Globes English". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Whitesource מגייסת מיליון דולר; תנהל את ספריות הקוד הפתוח שלכם [גיוס] | גיקטיים". www.geektime.co.il (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "WhiteSource offers open-source license management as a service". SD Times. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Messmer, Ellen. "Security of open-source software again being scrutinized". Network World. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Greene, Tim. "Open source code is common, potentially dangerous, in enterprise apps". Network World. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "5 Advantages of Using Open Source Software". TechCo. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "WhiteSource nabs $35M to track open source code for security vulnerabilities". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "R Consortium announced IBM is a Platinum member, smartphone sales slowing down, and WhiteSource's new developer tool". SD Times. 2016-06-07. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
|This article about an Israeli company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|