White Eagle, Red Star
It is considered by many historians to be one of the best English-language books on the subject. A. J. P. Taylor, who wrote the foreword to it, also wrote: "Norman Davies's book is a permanent contribution to historical knowledge and international understanding."
The book had several editions and translations:
- For Pimlico; new edition (27 Nov 2003)
- For Orbis Books (London) Ltd; revised edition (Jan 1984)
- For Birlinn Ltd (30 Nov 2000)
- For Macdonald (13 Jul 1972)
Other language editions:
- Polish bibuła underground translations – two in 1987 and 1988
- Orzeł Biały, Czerwona Gwiazda (in Polish), Wydawnictwo Znak, 1997, ISBN 83-7006-761-1.
- Parry, Albert (Apr 1973), "White Eagle, Red Star: The Polish–Soviet War, 1919–20 by Norman Davies, A. J. P. Taylor", Russian Review (review), 32 (2): 196–98, JSTOR 127686.
- Peszke, Michael Alfred (Apr 1988), "White Eagle, Red Star: The Polish–Soviet War, 1919–20 by Norman Davies", Military Affairs (review), 52 (2): 107, JSTOR 1988066.
|This article about a book on military history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Polish history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Soviet Union–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|