|Directed by||Quentin Lee|
|Produced by||David Henry Hwang
|Written by||Fabienne Wen and Ellie Wen|
Harry Shum, Jr.
|Music by||David Choi
|Edited by||Matthew Rundell|
Wentertainment Productions, Chris Lee Productions
White Frog is an 2012 American film written by Fabienne Wen and Ellie Wen and directed by Quentin Lee. It is a drama-comedy, aimed at young adults, about 15-year-old Nick Young (Booboo Stewart), a neglected teen with Asperger syndrome whose life is changed forever when tragedy hits his family. It is a story of the power of family, friendship, and love. Along with Stewart, the film also stars Harry Shum, Jr., BD Wong, Joan Chen, Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey.
Its début was at the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival on March 8, 2012.
Nick Young (Booboo Stewart) is a high school freshman with Asperger's Syndrome, who idolizes his perfect older brother Chaz Young (Harry Shum, Jr.). While riding his bike to a friend's house, Chaz is hit by a group of guys driving recklessly and dies. The crash leaves Nick fighting to overcome his grief while feeling misunderstood by his distraught parents (played by BD Wong and Joan Chen), who are left trying to preserve the memory of their 'perfect son.'
Despite initial hostility, Randy (Gregg Sulkin), Chaz's best friend, warms to Nick and takes him under his wing. Randy tells Nick how his brother spent "his whole life trying to keep up this lie that you were a perfect family." Through his interactions with Randy, Nick learns more about his brother's life and the two bond in their grief. The two boys help each other come to terms with the different loss they each feel and let Nick move forward with bringing the Young family together again.
- Booboo Stewart as Nick Young
- Harry Shum, Jr. as Chaz Young
- Gregg Sulkin as Randy Goldman
- BD Wong as Oliver Young
- Joan Chen as Irene Young
- Tyler Posey as Doug
- Manish Dayal as Ajit
- Talulah Riley as Ms. Lee
- Kelly Hu as Aunt May
- Justin Martin as Cameron
- Amy Hill as Dr. King
- Phil Abrams as Ira Goldman
- David Henry Hwang as the Pastor
- Lynn Ann Leveridge as Maria
- Kathryn Layng as Edie
- Ron McCoy as the Bearded Man
- Major Curda as Samuel
- Jasmine Di Angelo as Briana
- Carla Jimenez as Mrs. Rodriguez
Score and soundtrack
- "Twilight's Booboo Stewart takes the lead in indie White Frog". Oh No They Didn't!. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "White Frog Info (facebook)". White Frog Official Facebook. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Announcing the SFIAAFF30 Opening Night Feature!". CAAMedia. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "White Frog". Wentertainment Productions. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- Official website
- White Frog at the Internet Movie Database
- Quentin Lee’s 'White Frog': A Jumping Point for Discussion
- Twitch Film: SFIAAF 2012: San Francisco Welcomes an Elite, Typically Eclectic Batch of New Films
- San Francisco Chronicle: Asian festival has veterans, new faces
- SFIAAFF30 Opening Night Feature