White Hall, Arkansas
|White Hall, Arkansas|
|City of White Hall|
Armed Forces Monument & Memorial, White Hall
Location of White Hall in Jefferson County, Arkansas.
|Incorporated||October 29, 1964|
|• Mayor||Noel Foster (I)|
|• City||7.12 sq mi (18.43 km2)|
|• Land||7.05 sq mi (18.27 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.16 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||5,079|
|• Density||719.91/sq mi (277.97/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−05:00)|
|GNIS feature ID||58868|
White Hall is a city in Washington Township, Jefferson County, Arkansas, with a population of 5,526 in the 2010 census. It is included in the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and the greater Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area. The city is home to the Pine Bluff Arsenal.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,732 people, 1,780 households, and 1,418 families residing in the city. The population density was 692.1 people per square mile (267.1/km²). There were 1,925 housing units at an average density of 281.6 per square mile (108.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 92.54% White, 4.65% Black or African American, 0.49% Native American, 1.31% Asian, 0.34% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. 1.04% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,780 households out of which 39.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.5% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.3% were non-families. 18.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the city, the population was spread out with 27.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 29.5% from 25 to 44, 26.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 93.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.7 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $52,045, and the median income for a family was $56,997. Males had a median income of $38,286 versus $26,827 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,524. About 5.5% of families and 6.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.4% of those under age 18 and 8.9% of those age 65 or over.
White Hall is served by the White Hall School District.
- List of cities and towns in Arkansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Arkansas
- City Leaders at the official site of the City of White Hall
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- White Hall (Jefferson County) at Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010". Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Leslie, James W. (1981). Pine Bluff and Jefferson County: A Pictorial History. Norfolk, Va.: Donning Co. ISBN 978-0898651485.
- General information
- White Hall Chamber of Commerce
- White Hall Public Library at Pine Bluff and Jefferson County Library System (pineblufflibrary.org)