White House (NJT station)
|Location||250 Main Street
(Hunterdon CR 523)
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2012)||110 (average weekday)|
White House Station
|Location||Main Street, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.1 ha)|
|Architect||Bradford Lee Gilbert|
|Architectural style||Romanesque, Richardsonian Romanesque|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002726|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
White House is a New Jersey Transit railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in the Whitehouse Station section Readington Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. The station is on the west side of Main Street in the center and the station building has subsequently been turned into a branch library for the Hunterdon County Library system. This station has limited weekday service and no weekend service.
The building was designed for the Central Railroad of New Jersey in the Richardson Romanesque style by Bradford Gilbert who is best known for having designed the first steel-framed curtain wall building, but who also designed at least six railroad stations. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
|1||■ Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (Lebanon)|
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward Hoboken or New York (North Branch)|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource (New Jersey)
- "Raritan Valley Line Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
Media related to White House (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for White House
- DepartureVision real time train information for White House
- Raritan Valley Line schedule
- world.nycsubway.org - NJT Raritan Line
- Station and Station House from Main Street from Google Maps Street View
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|