White House Transportation Agency
|White House Transportation Agency|
|Role||Providing transportation for government officials|
|Part of||Office of the Chief of Transportation|
The White House Transportation Agency (WHTA) provides motor vehicle transportation to the White House as directed by the White House Military Office. This includes 24/7 ground transportation for the President's family, the White House staff, official visitors of the First Family and other authorized personnel. Members of the WHTA perform all duties associated with transportation, including driving armored cars, preparing Air Force One for take-off, and driving in the presidential motorcade. Staff of the agency are all noncommissioned officers of the United States Army. 
- www.whitehouse.gov Official site
- NCOs Keep Government Leaders Moving Around DC News article about WHTA
- "White House Military Office". WhiteHouse.gov. Washington DC: US Government. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- Cooley, Matthew C. (2009-05-19). "White House Transportation Looking for Recruits". usarmy.mil. Fort Hood, Texas: United States Army. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- McVeigh, Alex (2009-03-12). "NCOs keep government leaders moving around D.C.". usarmy.mil. United States Army. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|