This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
White Owls are American-made, machine produced cigars. White Owl cigars are inexpensive, costing .99 cents for a pack of two cigarillos. The logo consists of a snowy owl perched on a cigar. The brand is owned by Swedish Match.
White Owl is a cigar first produced in 1887. White Owl cigars are machine made in Dothan, Alabama, U.S.A.[dubious ] with a sheet-type wrapper and binder that encases a mixed filler tobacco blend from five nations.
- Blunts Xtra
- Demi Tip
- Mini Sweets 50s
- Miniatures 50s
- New Yorker
- New Yorker 100s
- Ranger 120s
In popular culture
- "White Owl" is a Russian folk-core group, created in Moscow, who play music of different nations adapted in various styles. Since the tastes of the musicians don't belong to the same genre their arrangements are mixtures of such traditions as alternative, indie, solid rock, folk tradition and even renaissance. This band is not to be confused with the Canadian group called White Owl, whose shoegazing, drone heavy psychedelic rock is believed to be "enhanced" by moderate intake of the above-mentioned "blunts".
- In the 1999 film Blast from the Past, Calvin Webber (Christopher Walken) hands down his prized baseball cards to his son Adam (Brendan Fraser) in a "White Owl" cigar box.
- In the song "Git Up Git Out" by Outkast, the lyrics include, "Our white owls are burnin' kind of slow."
- "Spark Another Owl" by Cypress Hill off their album Cypress Hill III: Temples of Boom
- The Vicious Fishes, a band from Feasterville, Pennsylvania, named one of their jams "Peach White Owl"
- "40 and a Blunt" by Das Efx, lyrics includes "We're only smoking Phillies, White Owls and Optimos". This song is a 1990s hip hop track which refers to drinking 40 oz malt liquor and smoking blunts.
- In the song Method Man by the Wu-Tang Clan, Method Man sings the lyrics: "I got fat bags of skunk, I got White Owl blunts, and I'm about to go get lifted..."
- In the 1984 baseball classic "The Natural", an old White Owl advertisement can be seen several times in the outfield wall inside the stadium.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|