White Plains, Calhoun County, Alabama
White Plains, Alabama
|• Total||12.904 sq mi (33.42 km2)|
|• Land||12.814 sq mi (33.19 km2)|
|• Water||0.090 sq mi (0.23 km2)|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||63/sq mi (24/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||256 & 938|
|GNIS feature ID||160833|
White Plains is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. Its population was 811 as of the 2010 census. The community is located in eastern Calhoun County along Alabama Highway 9.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The Calhoun County Schools system operates three schools within the community:
- White Plains High School
- White Plains Middle School
- White Plains Elementary School
White Plains High School's athletic teams are known as the Wildcats and compete in Class 4A of the Alabama High School Athletic Association.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "White Plains". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): White Plains CDP, Alabama". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|