White Post Township, Pulaski County, Indiana
|White Post Township|
Location in Pulaski County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.46 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.46 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||29.5/sq mi (11.4/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47946, 47957|
|GNIS feature ID||0454052|
White Post Township took its name from a stagecoach stop named White Post, and it is supposed the stop was named for a nearby large white stump.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.46 square miles (94.4 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Cass Township (north)
- Rich Grove Township (northeast)
- Jefferson Township (east)
- Beaver Township (southeast)
- Salem Township (south)
- Gillam Township, Jasper County (west)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Bowman, Saint Henrys and Saint Marks.
- West Central School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 20
- State Senate District 18
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. 1883. p. 572.
||Cass Township||Rich Grove Township|
|Gillam Township, Jasper County||Jefferson Township|
|Salem Township||Beaver Township|