White River Township, Gibson County, Indiana
|White River Township
Location within Gibson County
|School District||North Gibson School Corporation|
|Named for||White River|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Trustee||Kim Minkler|
|• Total||49.04 sq mi (127.0 km2)|
|• Land||47.4 sq mi (123 km2)|
|• Water||1.63 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|Elevation||400 ft (122 m)|
|• Density||35.6/sq mi (13.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||47649, 47666, 47670|
|GNIS feature ID||454053|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.04 square miles (127.0 km2), of which 47.4 square miles (123 km2) (or 96.66%) is land and 1.63 square miles (4.2 km2) (or 3.32%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Mt. Carmel Precinct (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Barnett, Decker Chapel, Field, Humphrey, Milburn, Morrison, Robb and Trippet.
Airports and landing strips
- Hull Airport
White River Township is served by the North Gibson School Corporation and like neighboring Washington Township also has no schools of its own since the early 1970s.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Gibson County, Indiana: With Illustrations Descriptive of Its Scenery, and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. Jas. T. Tartt & Co. 1884. p. 182.