White Widow (Cannabis)
White Widow bud
|Species||Cannabis indica / Cannabis sativa balanced hybrid|
|Breeder||Green House Seeds|
|Part of a series on|
White Widow is a balanced hybrid strain of Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa. White Widow is a cross between a Brazilian sativa strain and a resin-heavy South Indian indica. The buds are white colored, with a crystal resin. Users experience a powerful feeling of euphoria and energy breaks. White Widow is one of the most famous strains around the world.
White Widow has been described as "among the most popular [strains] in the world" by Popular Science magazine, and the strain won the Cannabis Cup in 1995. It is among the most consumed strains of cannabis, both recreationally and medically, in the world.
- White Russian – An indica-dominant hybrid, that is a cross of White Widow and AK-47. White Russian won the High Times Cannabis Cup "Best Overall" in 1996.
- White Rhino – A hybrid of White Widow and an unknown North American indica strain.
- Blue Widow – A slightly indica dominant cross between Blueberry and White Widow. Blue Widow is sometimes referred to as Berry White, White Berry, or Blue Venom.
- Dominique Browning (20 November 2017). "The Great Outdoors: From Your Backyard to a Garden in Japan". New York Times. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Marie Myung-Ok Lee (6 January 2017). "Commentary: I made my autistic son cannabis cookies. They saved him". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Ioan Grillo (8 April 2015). "Commentary: U.S. Legalization of Marijuana Has Hit Mexican Cartels' Cross-Border Trade". TIME. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "White Widow". Leafly. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- Alexandra Ossola (11 November 2015). "This Startup Wants To Put The 'Medical' Back In Marijuana". Popular Science. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Amanda Fielding (6 December 2017). "Jamaican Cannabis Landraces: History and Importance". Huffington Post. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Melissa Sherrard (7 May 2017). "Discover the History and Benefits of White Widow". Civilized. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Gabriela, Irenne; Claudia, Corina (2012). "Identification and Characterization of Special Types of Herbal Cannabis" (PDF). UPB Scientific Bulletin. 74 (1): 119–130. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "White Russian". Leafly. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "White Widow". Leafly. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "Blue Widow". Leafly. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
|This Cannabis-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|