|Look up white knight in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
White knight may refer to:
People and titles
- The White Knight (Fitzgibbon family), an extinct hereditary Anglo-Norman title of nobility used in Ireland
- "The White Knight", a nickname for Pittsburgh Penguin's superstar Evgeni Malkin
- White Knight, the term by which Lewis Carroll referred to himself
Art, entertainment, and media
- Knight-errant, a literary stock character portrayed as a white knight
- White Knight (Through the Looking-Glass), a character in Through the Looking Glass which resembles the chess-piece
- "Gotham's White Knight", a nickname given to Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight (2008)
- White Knight, James Bond's codename while infiltrating a terrorist military base in the beginning of Tomorrow Never Dies
- White Knight, a character in the Generator Rex cartoon series.
- White Knight, a playable character class in the ever-popular MMORPG Maplestory
- White Knight, the name of the train engine in the Tokyopop manga Snow
- The Knights of Falador, a fictional organisation in the online game RuneScape
- Knight (chess), playing piece in the game of chess
- White Knight Chronicles, a video game by Level-5 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4
Other art, entertainment and media
- White Knight (film), an Indian short documentary film directed by Aarti Shrivastava
- The White Knight (book), a 1952 biography of Lewis Carroll
- "The White Knight" (Cledus Maggard song), a 1976 hit single by Cledus Maggard
- "The White Knight", a The Legend of Zelda TV series episode
Business and brands
- White knight (business), a "friendly investor" in business (in contrast to the perpetrator of a hostile takeover)
- White Knight (chocolate), an Australian mint flavored chocolate candy bar
- White Knight (software), a terminal program for Macintosh computers
- White Knight tumble dryers, a brand of Crosslee plc
- Scaled Composites White Knight, the aircraft used to carry and launch Scaled Composites SpaceShipOne
- Scaled Composites White Knight Two, the technological successor of the first
- Posnansky/Fronius PF-1 White Knight, glider
- White Knights, the nickname for the HMM-165 helicopter squadron in the United States Marine Corps
- White Knight, a codependent person with a recurring need to "rescue" others in order to receive praise and esteem. May be used in reference to either gender, though feminine versions exist such as "Florence Nightingale."
- White Knight, a derogatory internet term for an individual who goes out of his or her way to defend another. The accusation implies the motivation is disingenuous or based upon some form of reward meaning.
- White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, one of the most violent and militant branches of the Ku Klux Klan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title White knight.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.