Whitefish Bay High School
|Whitefish Bay High School|
|1200 East Fairmount Avenue
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin 53217
|School district||Whitefish Bay School District|
|Color(s)||Blue and Grey|
The school newspaper is called the Tower Times, and the school yearbook The Tower, both refer to the school building's five-story tower and facade that rise over the main entrance. The school colors are blue and grey. The school's mascot is the "Blue Duke". Whitefish Bay is a member of the North Shore Sports Conference.
Student extracurricular activities include student government, forensics (individual events), debate, drama, and sports. A student activity fair is held in September to publicize clubs and activities.
The orchestra has biennial overseas concerts/trips and the band has an annual stateside trip for seniors.
The school sports program offers the following sports:
- Boys: Football, cross country, soccer, volleyball, skiing, hockey, basketball, track and field, tennis, baseball, swimming and diving, golf, wrestling, gymnastics.
- Girls: Football, cross country, soccer, volleyball, skiing, hockey, basketball, track and field, tennis, softball, swimming and diving, golf, gymnastics, wrestling.
- Nick Bellore - NFL football player for the New York Jets (2011-2014); San Francisco 49ers from (2015–present)
- Craig Counsell - Major League Baseball player (1995-2011); Milwaukee Brewers manager (2015–present)
- Randy Dean - Former NFL player
- Bernardine Rae Ohrnstein - Radical co-founder of the Weather Underground
- Mae Whitman - Actress and singer
- Jeffrey Hunter - Actor
- Kristen Johnston - Actress
- Dennis Kois - Museum director
- Samuel Page - Actor
- Mike Schneck - Former NFL player
- Donald K. Stitt - Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Chip Zien - Actor - Into the Woods
- McGuinn, Bob. "Whitefish Bay's Bellore awaits the draft". Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- (21 July 2001). Ex-local man named to Smithsonian post, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Retrieved December 3, 2010