The town, a part of the Whiteford-Cardiff Historic District, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Until 1978, this community was served by the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad at milepost 42.4. Also on the National Register are the Broad Creek Soapstone Quarries and Slate Ridge School.
The populated place Cambria lies to the northwest of Whiteford.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Whiteford (Populated Place)
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Maryland Historical Trust: Listing for Whiteford-Cardiff Historic District
- Whiteford-Cardiff Historic District, Harford County, including photo dated 2004, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Boundary Map of the Whiteford-Cardiff Historic District, Harford County, at Maryland Historical Trust
|This article about a location in Harford County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|