Whitehall District Schools
Whitehall District Schools is a school district located in Muskegon County, Michigan. It serves the city of Whitehall and the townships of Whitehall, Fruitland, Dalton, Blue Lake and the Village of Lakewood Club.
Its mascot is the Viking.
It is a member of the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District.
|Whitehall District Schools|
|541 E. Slocum Street, Whitehall, MI 49461|
|Motto||"Our mission is achievement for each learner."|
- Whitehall Shoreline Elementary(grades K-2, opened in 1994)
- Helen R. Ealy Elementary (grades 3-5)
- Whitehall Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Whitehall Senior High School (grades 9-12,opened in 2004)
- Whitehall Community Services Building (was the senior high school from 1960 until 2004)
As of 2008, Whitehall District Schools is 89.9% White, 5.1% Black, 2.3% Hispanic,0.9% American Indian,0.8 % Asian or Pacific Islander, 1% Multi-Racial.
Board of Education 2012-2013
|President||Michael R. Sutton|
|Vice President||Christopher G. Mahoney|
|Secretary||Thomas E. Mallory|
|Treasurer||Steven L. Markel|
|Trustees||Shon A. Cook
Randall D. Fielstra, Douglas M. Ogden
- Nate McLouth, professional baseball player for the Washington Nationals and Gold Glove Awards winner.
- Stacy Essebaggers-Shepherd, 2001 Miss Michigan, and Top-10 semifinalist at the Miss America pageant.
- Ryan Van Bergen, played Defensive End for the University of Michigan, 2008-2011.
- Kellin Quinn (Bostwick), lead singer of Sleeping With Sirens, graduated in 2004
Official site 
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|