|Location||Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Address||1259 Whitehall Mall Whitehall, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Developer||The Kravco Co.|
|Owner||Washington Prime Group|
|No. of stores and services||35|
|No. of anchor tenants||7|
|Total retail floor area||592,498 square feet (55,044.9 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Parking||Parking lot with 3,238 spaces|
|Public transit access||LANTA bus: 103, 211, 325, 602|
The mall is located north of Allentown, on MacArthur Road at its intersection with Grape Street. It is located directly across Grape Street from the Lehigh Valley Mall. The Whitehall Mall was previously managed by Simon Property Group and jointly owned by Simon (38%), and PREIT (62%). Washington Prime Group and PREIT later jointly owned the mall, with PREIT selling its share on December 2, 2014.
When the Whitehall Mall opened in 1966, it was the first enclosed shopping center north of Philadelphia, and its popularity led to the rise of a sprawling retail district along MacArthur Road that continued to expand into the early 1990s. In 1998, the Whitehall Mall underwent extensive renovations.
- Demick, Barbara (May 18, 1989). "Kravco And 6 Of Its Malls Sold To A Canadian Developer". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "KRAVCO SIMON Portfolio: Whitehall Mall". Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Whitehall Mall Fact Sheet" (PDF). Simon Property Group. Retrieved October 11, 2011.
- "Supplemental Financial and Operating Information". PREIT. June 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- Kraus, Scott (December 2, 2014). "PREIT sells interest in Whitehall Mall". The Morning Call. Allentown, PA. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Blumenau, Kurt (April 25, 2004). "The different sides of Whitehall Mall ** MacArthur Road's first retail center has changed over time. More is to come". The Morning Call. pp. AA.1.