Houses along the Wicomico River in Whitehaven
|• Total||0.370 sq mi (0.96 km2)|
|• Land||0.368 sq mi (0.95 km2)|
|• Water||0.002 sq mi (0.005 km2)|
|Elevation||3 ft (0.9 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (45/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||410 & 443|
|GNIS feature ID||588219|
Whitehaven is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Wicomico County, Maryland, United States. Its population was 43 as of the 2010 census. It is part of the Salisbury, Maryland-Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Whitehaven is home to the Whitehaven Ferry, one of the few remaining public ferries in Maryland, and was once a thriving settlement which included stores, a shipyard, and the Whitehaven Hotel. It is the location of the Whitehaven Historic District. The ferry runs between Whitehaven and Mt. Vernon, Somerset County and takes approximately 5 minutes to make a crossing.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Whitehaven, Maryland.|
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Whitehaven". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This article about a location in Wicomico County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|